Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Salt Lake 1-21-8

I worked very hard for most of December and finally right around Christmas I decided to buy myself a hard earned gift. I went downtown to the Apple Store and bought my self a new MacBook. My old laptop was really struggling. The hinges have been broken for almost a year with the wires hanging out the side. Every once in while if the wires rub together, I'll see sparks. So understandably I was very happy to finally have a new working laptop. The first thing I did was copy my entire CD collection into my I-Tunes Then I transferred all of the files from my old laptop to my new one. I also have Stephen's old laptop that has a broken screen, so its been really amazing to go through the files with all of his work and photos and things. Its taken me almost four years to finally do it but I finally did. There are so many pictures of me in it from my early New York days. Time flies.

Last October I saw a flyer for a Tuesday night electro party at The Broken Record. I decided I would go and check it out. When I arrived I met the DJ/Promoters Justin Strange & VXN. We chatted for a while about music and I ended up getting quite drunk. They are both really good DJ's and I started coming out to their party pretty regularly. After a few weeks they asked me if I wanted to guest DJ at their Christmas Party. I have spun at a few private parties when I lived in Buenos Aires and also at one in Istanbul but I had never DJ'd at an actual club. Learning how to use the mixer was pretty easy actually. I had a blast doing it and they even invited me back again two weeks later. Some of the songs I played were : Crimewave - Crystal Castles, Hustler - Simian Mobile Disco, Vitamin Burn - Phiiliip, Neverland - The Knife, Aint To Proud To Beg - TLC, Sex With Strangers - Marianne Faithfull. It was a cool opportunity for me to sort of get my feet wet DJ'ing.

One night at Broken Record Justin was showing me his tattoo. He has "The Revolution Is My Boyfriend" tattooed across his stomach. It's a line from one of my friend Bruce's films. As it turned out Justin is a huge fan of Bruce's. I told Justin that I had actually befriended Bruce last summer in Berlin. So when Bruce's film was invited to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival this year I told Justin he should ask Bruce to guest DJ at his party while he was in town. I emailed Bruce and gave him a heads up about it and he agreed to come and spin. Bruce and I showed up at the club and hung out upstairs drinking with Justin for a while, then we went downstairs to the DJ booth for the set. It was really great and I had a such fun time. Two days later was the premiere of Bruce's gay zombie film Otto; or Up With Dead People. I drove up to Park City with Justin and we went to the grocery store and bought a six-pack of pbr (cuz we're classy like that). We smuggled it in Justin's backpack and sat up towards the front of the theater. Otto was amazing. If a film can be both vile and lovely at the same time, Bruce's film achieved this. It was very metaphorical in its exploration of how society in general views and treats homosexuals. It also made me very nostalgic for Berlin with its several stunning shots of the city.

After the premiere we walked over to Bruce's cute little ski cabin for the after party. I had a chance to get to know some of his producers better and also the star of the film, The young Belgian Jey Crisfar, who I have to say is the picture of sexy and sweet. I ended up getting very drunk. Far too intoxicated to drive the 25 miles back to my parents house in Salt Lake. So I stayed the night at Bruce's place up in Park City and drove back in the morning. I spent the entire day on Sunday packing up and organizing my room. Justin called me that night wanting me to come back up to Park City with him. He said he was on the list for some party Paris Hilton was hosting (yawn), I opted out. Mostly because I had a ton of shit to do before I left for San Francisco early the next morning. I just barely arrived here. We'll see what happens with this film. It should be an interesting experience. I'm shooting for an early march arrival back to Berlin.



Photobucket

Stephen Speaker Paintings




Photobucket

Fire Wire

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Niece Hazel (aka Crazel) & her bff Salta

Photobucket

Electro Fever!

Photobucket

Justin & VXN

Photobucket

Family XMAS Photo

Photobucket

ATLAS

Photobucket

Photobucket

DJ Prix's Debut

Photobucket

Stacked CD's

Photobucket

Me Chillin @ The Crib

Photobucket

Dad's Colour Chart

Photobucket

Geronimo

Photobucket

Einstein

Photobucket

Marilyn

Photobucket

Mao

Photobucket

Mick

Photobucket

Warhol Self-Portrait

Photobucket

Warhol Retrospective - SLC

Photobucket

In The DJ Booth With Bruce & Justin

Photobucket

Cory's Poster

Photobucket

Stephen's Laptop

Photobucket

Diego War Room NOMA

No comments:

About Me

My photo
D R I F T I N G ------> ------> ------>
link to online-mba-program.net